Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Vaughn Oil
The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) here intend to guide the customer regarding delivering products and services. While the Company reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice, changes to Terms and Conditions will be communicated to our customers by updating this posting. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms for changes that may impact you periodically.
Fuel and Service Pricing
Fuel Rates – Unless you enter into a capped or fixed pricing agreement, you agree to pay the Company’s price per gallon in effect when you place an order or those customers on Automatic deliveries, on the date of delivery. This price is set at Company’s discretion and includes, among other things, taxes, costs to procure the propane, freight, and transportation. The customer’s price per gallon may vary depending upon the volume you purchase, customer classification, propane tank ownership, and competitive conditions. We encourage you to contact your local Company office to discuss which pricing options may be best for your needs and receive current pricing information, as prices change frequently and without prior notice.
Service Rates – Unless the customer enters into a signed, quoted service agreement, service will be provided at current service rates. The customer agrees to pay the prevailing rates at the time service was performed. We encourage customers to contact their local Company office to discuss which service options best fit their needs and receive current pricing information, as prices change frequently and without prior notice.
General Information represents the most common information requested by customers. Areas described may not be complete or comprehensive. Please contact your local Company office if further information is required.
- Delivery Invoice – The customer will receive a delivery slip when our truck delivers fuel unless specifically instructed by the customer. This slip records the number of gallons delivered at the time. Please note: the delivery slip is the customer’s invoice. If paid within the prompt pay period of the delivery, the customer is eligible for a prompt pay discount for certain customers and fuels.
- Past Due Account – If the customer’s account balance becomes past due payment terms, the account will be placed on a delivery hold status. If the account is on a delivery hold or a will-call status, a special trip charge may be applied when a delivery is made off route. A propane customer with a past due balance is subject to a gas check and fee should their tank run out of product.
- Automatic Delivery – Credit-approved, automatic delivery customers will receive regular deliveries based on the weather, past usage, and annual consumption. Special trip charges do not apply if the automatic delivery customer is in good standing and runs out of fuel due to our error. Non-credit-approved customers can elect for automatic delivery by placing a security deposit on the account.
- Will Call Delivery – The Company encourages its customers to be on automatic delivery. Customers who prefer to be on a will-call basis will need to watch their gauge carefully and provide at least one week’s notice when requesting a delivery. A customer should call when their propane tank is no less than 40% full or when an oil tank is no less than a 3/8 full. If an emergency delivery is needed, a special trip charge will apply.
- Credit/Payment – As a new customer, when proper credit references have been checked, if the customer also has a company owned tank or other equipment, they will be asked to sign and return our customer agreement. This formality grants the Company permission to enter your property to deliver fuel and perform service work. The Company does not share personal information with anyone. Information submitted is only available to our employees who manage your account. Customers not approved for credit will be required to pay in advance of the delivery being made.
- Safety – The installation and proper maintenance of carbon monoxide detectors or combustible gas detectors is strongly recommended. Caution: Check exhaust vents to ensure they are not blocked during high winds and snowstorms as restricted ventilation could cause a potential no heat call and impose a severe safety hazard. Please click here to review more safety information on the Company’s website pertaining to a particular fuel type.
- Seasonal Properties – (Customers with locations that are not occupied year-round.) If a customer has chosen automatic delivery, usage in these inconsistently occupied homes is impossible to reasonably predict with the use of tank monitoring devices. In these circumstances, it is the customer’s responsibility to monitor the fuel levels on that property year-round and to communicate the seasonality of use to the company. Company is not liable for direct damages to personal and real property (including, but not limited to, damage resulting from frozen pipes or other water damage) that occurring as a result of a product run-out. The Company recommends that its customers place a tank monitor on your system to monitor the amount of remaining propane or heating oil. The customer must provide the Company with At least ten (10) business days advanced notice of a need for a delivery to avoid the exhaustion of heating fuel for the residence.
- Stopping Deliveries – When a customer deems it necessary to stop deliveries or change schedules, Company will make every effort to accommodate such a change. Situations such as moving or selling a property, discontinuing automatic or scheduled deliveries are examples of such situations. In these circumstances, it is the customer’s responsibility to advise the Company of these desired changes. The customer is fully responsible for all deliveries and associated costs if they fail to advise Company of the change.
Other Fees and Charges
The Company may apply other fees and charges depending on the services requested and required. The fees and charges described below are the most frequently assessed, but additional fees and charges may apply depending on the services rendered. Please contact your local office for specific questions and updated amount information. THE FEES LISTED BELOW ARE NOT GOVERNMENT IMPOSED, NOR IS ANY PORTION OF THEM PAID TO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. THESE FEES MAY OFFSET COSTS INCURRED BY THE COMPANY AS THE RESULT OF COMPLYING WITH CODES AND LAW . COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ITS FEES, RATES, AND CHARGES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
- Safety & Compliance Fee –This fee is assessed on deliveries and offsets costs incurred by the Company to comply with federal, state, and local government regulations, such as those relating to hazardous materials, homeland security, emergency preparedness, and workplace safety. It is also used to fund, among other things, employee safety training, inspections, and environmental compliance.
- Returned Check Fee – This fee is intended to cover the deposit return fee assessed by financial institutions and related administrative expenses associated with the return of a customer check for insufficient funds.
- Service Minimum Charge – This applies when a service technician is requested to perform diagnostic or other service work on Customer-owned equipment. This charge is equal to one hour of the current service labor rate.
- Special Trip Charge – This applies when the customer requests a delivery within forty-eight (48) hours outside of our normal delivery schedule. This fee also applies for non-emergency service call requests after business hours or on weekends. This charge can vary due to the distance involved and the time required to meet the request.
- Late Fees – The Customer agrees to pay the total amount shown on each invoice. All balances are due based upon the customer-specific payment terms for any deliveries or services performed. Payment not received within customer terms from the invoice date will be subject to a late fee of 1.5% per month on the overdue balance, not to exceed 18% per annum finance charges or the maximum allowed by law.
- Consumables Fee – A charge will be added to each workorder consistent with the terms of the workorder that is meant to cover the consumable items generally used during the course of service work.