Home Heating Oil Delivery: How Do I Prepare For It?
Posted: November 4, 2019
At Vaughn Oil, we take great pride in delivering your heating oil on time in any Rhode Island weather – but we can’t do that without your help!
Please help us keep our promise to you of reliable, on-time deliveries – and keep our crews stay safe – by making these preparations in advance of any future heating oil delivery.
- Keep the path to your oil fill pipe free of obstacles – Overgrown shrubs or fallen snow and branches can block the path to your heating oil tank’s fill pipe, making it difficult for our drivers to gain access. Try to keep at least a one-foot wide path to your fill pipe clear so our drivers can reach it easy and safely.
- Clear your driveway – Some homes require our drivers to park in the driveway for fill pipe access; if that’s the case in your home, please keep your driveway free of snow and ice so they can navigate safely. Keep in mind that our fuel trucks are wider than your car, so please clear accordingly!
- Leave the gate open – If our delivery crew needs to pass through a gate to reach your fill pipe, make sure the gate is unlocked, or that someone is home to let our drivers in.
- Keep pets under control – We want to deliver your heating oil, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secure on delivery day.
- Be reachable – If something unexpected happens on delivery day that needs your immediate attention, our drivers will need to contact you. Make sure our crew has your preferred contact number (preferably a mobile number) so they can reach you quickly. If you prefer, our technician can also contact you at upon successful completion of your heating oil delivery.
Thanks for helping us to keep our promise of safe, on-time heating oil delivery in Rhode Island…our drivers appreciate your consideration!
For reliable, on-time heating oil delivery in RI, nobody beats Vaughn Oil! Contact us today to schedule a delivery – or to join the Vaughn Oil family of customers!