Do I Need a Heating System Tune-Up Every Year?
Posted: September 9, 2019
Evenings are starting to cool down here in Rhode Island, and before you know it you’ll be turning on your heating system to take the edge off at home.
But before you do that, it’s a good idea to get your heating equipment serviced by a professional.
Annual heating system service includes a series of tests and tasks performed by a licensed and expert heating technician to clean, inspect, test, and prepare your furnace or boiler for the fall and winter months.
Although the exact maintenance checklist differs from company to company and often depends on the level of service you pay for, most will include such steps as:
- Calibrating your thermostat
- Checking overall heating function
- Checking electrical connections
- Testing safety and limit switches
- Cleaning and testing burners
The importance of annual maintenance
There are many benefits to having your heating system professionally checked every year. Here are five of the most important ones:
- Lower bills – Without regular maintenance, your heating system will lose about five percent efficiency per year on average – which makes a tune-up an investment that will basically pay for itself.
- Better reliability – The best way to make sure your heating system will withstand the rigors of a New England winter is to have it professionally serviced every year.
- Early problem detection – Most (about 80 percent) heating system repairs are preventable; routine maintenance will uncover small issues before they turn into more costly heating system repairs.
- Warrantee protection – Many furnace or boiler warranties require annual maintenance from a qualified pro. If you don’t have your system serviced, you might find yourself paying for a heating repair even if the equipment is still under warranty!
- Improved safety – A heating expert can spot the early warning signs of a carbon monoxide problem before it becomes a risk to your family.
The best way to take care of your heating tune-up? Sign up for a heating oil service plan from Vaughn Oil. Whether you choose our Efficient Comfort Plan or our Secure Comfort Plan, you’ll get an annual tune-up plus 24/7 priority service, covered or discounted repair parts, and more. Contact us today to find out which plan is right for you.
Fall is just a few weeks away – schedule your heating system maintenance with Vaughn Oil today!