Five Home Comfort Resolutions for 2019
Posted: January 7, 2019
It’s hard to believe, but 2019 is here – and that means it’s time to make some New Year’s Resolutions. Why not make a few that will relieve stress and make your Rhode Island home more comfortable in the year ahead?
Here are five promises to make and keep – that will save you money, keep you cozy and help you get more peace of mind in 2019:
- Change your air filters regularly – One of the best things you can do to keep your furnace running efficiently and reliably is also the simplest: check and change your air filters regularly. Look at them at least once a month – or even more frequently during the winter when your equipment is working hardest to keep you warm. A clogged furnace filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by wearing out your equipment prematurely.
- Use a programmable thermostat – Another easy way to save money on energy bills? Lower the temperature in your home when you’re asleep or out of the house. Drop temperatures by eight degrees for eight hours a day and you will cut your bills by 10 percent or more, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. The easiest way to do that? Get (and use) a programmable thermostat – it will pay for itself in the first year you own it.
- Get Smart-er – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for a Vaughn Oil Smart Pay Payment Plan and you will pay the same for your heating oil month after month, no matter how much you use. Want to be even smarter? Sign up for Smart Pay Plus and cap your heating oil price so you can rest easy no matter how crazy commodity markets get.
- Stay on top of equipment maintenance – Want your home heating equipment to run better for longer? Get preventative maintenance every year. Routine service will pay for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Vaughn Oil Service Plan – you will get a tune-up plus priority emergency service, discounted repairs, and more.
- Make smart upgrades – A time will come when replacing your heating equipment makes more sense than waiting around for it to fall apart on its own. Upgrading to a new high efficiency furnace, boiler, or water heater will often pay for itself within just a few years in efficiency improvements alone, to say nothing of the peace of mind that comes from owning new, under-warranty equipment.
Start 2019 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Vaughn Oil. Contact us today to learn about equipment upgrades for your Rhode Island home!